Having completed the Pro ride MTb Progress and Flow courses along with the steep and natural course over the last few years, I'd said that I would return for the Airtime course and learn to jump. So after a last minute booking I was all set for a bit of airtime.
The course started with going over the basics again, as everything comes from position on the bike, pumping and squashing. These techniques are covered on the progress and flow courses, a quick refresher on the how to and whys acted as a warm up.
Time to get some air
The airtime course as with the previous courses is build on how to and why broken down into manageable segments. Instant feedback is provided by the coaches, this time it was Will, via slow motion video playback. The video feedback does really help as you can see where improvements can be made. Coaching is always how to improve techniques and working to identify what and how to improve. The day builds skills on skills so by the end of the day you have the techniques required to get airtime.
Once again Will and the team at ProRide provide a really excellent days coaching.
Airtime course content
- Pump progression – Using correct body position, pumping and squashing to generate speed. Understanding the speed needed to jump, and improve balance.
- Jump theory – The physics behind balanced jumping, explanations and demonstrations of the different techniques and when to use them.
- Table-top session – Mastering balanced jumping through timing, speed and control. Grasping how to get safe air and land smoothly.
- Pop and double jumps – Gaining maximum height off any jump and drills to improve your pop on every ride.
- Advanced drops – Safe and effective technique for large drops with the textbook drills to improve. N.B. Very steep drops coaching takes place on our TECH course.
- Jump progression and feedback – Instructor led progression session with video feedback and coaching.