When shopping for gluten free bread for a friend that was coming to stay, none of the shop options looked particularly appetising. Having for some time been making my own bread and rolls, I decided on the spur of the moment that I would try my hand at making gluten free bread.
This is the result, which according to the friend it was made for (a fine dining chef) was more than acceptable.
- 450 g doves farm gluten free white bread flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 325 ml warm milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and milk then stir in to the flour, add the oil and mix until you have a sticky dough.
- Place the mix into a oiled loaf tin and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 220 degrees for 40-45 minutes.