This is my healthy take on sweet and sour Beef with noodles, the basic recipe is bulked out with vegetables to makes it filling whilst remaining healthy, I've used carrots and pepper but you could substitute these for any vegetables, french beans would also work well.
- 250 g frying steak
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 pepper
- 1 227 g tinned pineapple and juice
- ½ tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 125 g egg noodles to serve
- Slice the onion, carrot, pepper and steak.
- Chunk the pineapple, keeping the juice.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, then fry the onion for a couple of minutes followed by the carrot and pepper.
- Fry them for a few minutes the add the beef and fry for a few more minutes to give the beef some colour.
- Add the pineapple and fry briefly before adding the pineapple juice, tomato ketchup and vinegar, then bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile boil the noodles for 3-4 minutes.
Serving Size:2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14