These mini sausage muffin bread rolls are based on my mini rolls and were suggested to me by Lou to do for national sausage week. Unfortunately she got her dates wrong and I missed national sausage week by a week, but still made them.
The recipe is (very) loosely based on one from BBC Good Food as in I was sent a link read it, promptly lost it and then made up my own version.
They are my standard bread mix made with garlic butter (homemade of course), flavoured with mustard (I went Dijon so it wasn't too strong first time round) and parmesan cheese. I used waitrose pork and herb sausages seasoned with rosemary and thyme to give a nice herby flavour.
They turned out really well, we had them with beans and fried egg, they would go fine on their own as a snack, party food or to accompany any meal.
- 500 g string bread flour
- 10 g dried yeast
- 40 g garlic butter
- 10 g salt
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 320 ml water
- 4 chipolata sausages
- Mix the yeast into the water and leave to ferment for a few minutes
- Meanwhile rub the salt, butter, cheese and mustard into the flour
- Create well in the flour, pour in the water yeast mix and mix together
- Once the ingredients have come together knead until smooth then place in a bowl to rise until doubled in size, this can take anything upto 2hrs depending on room temperature, slow is good for flavour
- While the dough is rising cook the sausages and leave to cool, you don't want to be adding hot sausages to the dough
- When the dough has risen knock back and kneed gently, before rolling out to a thickness of about 1/4" (5-6mm)
- Cut the cooked sausages into small pieces, scatter on the rolled out dough
- Roll the dough up into a long sausage so all the sausages are inside the dough
- Shape into mini muffins and place in an oiled mini muffin tin
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 240 degrees
Serving Size:18 -24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g