These Smoked salmon burgers are a tasty, healthy and easy way to make a simple meal, combining mashed potato and smoked salmon into one burger. You don"t need anything else other than either salad or seasonal vegetables to accompany them to complete the meal.
Now I"m not a massive fish fan unlike Louise, however I have a real thing for smoked salmon, which seems to have stemmed from my grandparents golden wedding anniversary celebration. This is one way that we can get fish in our edit and meet in the middle ground between fish lover and fish hater, it has to be the right fish cooked the right way. My dislike of fish even extends to the michelin star liquorice poached salmon at the Fat Duck.
So this is one of our fish dishes that makes it on to our table fairly regularly and always goes down well.
- 50 g smoked salmon
- 200 g potato
- 1 tbsp creme fresh
- 1 tbsp low fat soft cheese
- a pince of dill
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Boil the potato in slightly salted water until soft
- Mash the potato leaving some lumps
- Cut the smoked salmon in the small pieces
- In a bowl combine the potato, smoked salmon, Crème fraîche and soft cheese
- Season with dill and lemon juice
- On a lightly oiled baking tray or piece of foil shape two fish cakes
- Place in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes (you could freeze them at this point)
- Bake a preheated 200 degree oven for 20 minutes
Serving Size:2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6