This is a relatively quick meal that is good as a sharing meal, just place everything on the table and let people help themselves. We always used to use the Fajtia dinner kits, which came with the Tortillas and seasonings, as this is so easy using spices that are in the cupboard and tastes so much better I see no reason to ever buy one again. By making your own seasoning you can vary the spice levels if you like more or less of a kick simply alter the chilli powder or leave it out all together for a mild dish.
- 250 g Turkey
- An onion
- 1/2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To serve
- For each wrap:
- 1 tsp each low fat Sour cream [1 point]
- 10 g grated cheese [1 point], this is for normal cheddar cheese, you could use low fat equivalent
- Tortilla wrap [4 points, based on M&S wrap] (Waitrose do a bigger seeded wrap for the same points which is very nice)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then sweat the onions, add the turkey and fry until cooked then add the peppers and mushrooms. Fry for a minute or two, then add the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, paprika and pepper.
- Give this all a good stir round to mix up the spices and ensure everything has a good coating. Add a splash of water, you could use wine, Worcestershire source or balsamic vinegar instead, give it a good stir and the cook until everything is cooked.
- While this is cooking chop the tomatoes, shred the lettuce and grate the cheese
- Take a wrap spread the sour cream over it, scatter with lettuce and tomatoes add some of the Turkey mix and finally top with grated cheese, roll this up and enjoy.
Serving Size:2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 15